By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Officers Deal With Accidents, Traffic Stops, Disputes In City
Cams 1.JPG
Sergeant James Walsh and Sergeant Lloyd MacKinnon both arrived at Riverbank Police Services in February this year to serve the Riverbank community and are shown here wearing the body cameras that they both welcome and believe to be a great tool. VIRGINIA STILL/THE NEWS

The Riverbank Police Services continue to patrol the streets of Riverbank and with the warm temperatures the days and nights have been extremely busy for deputies.

On Thursday, July 18 during the day shift a detective witnessed a vehicle versus a center divider collision near Claus Road and Patterson Road. The 31-year-old driver was contacted and determined to be under the influence of marijuana and prescription medication. He was arrested and booked for DUI.

During the graveyard shift on Monday, July 15 a deputy made a traffic stop on a vehicle near Terminal and Minniear avenues for a vehicle code violation. A records check revealed the 43-year-old man was driving without a license and that he had a warrant for his arrest. A search incident to his warrant arrest revealed a set of shaved keys (typically used to burglarize/steal cars) in his possession.  He was booked for all three violations.

A deputy conducted a parole search on Arturo Galvan, 38, near Fourth and Topeka streets during the graveyard shift on July 14. The search revealed a baggie of methamphetamine and a meth pipe. He was booked for the parole violations.

During the graveyard shift on Thursday, July 11 deputies were dispatched to the Quail Meadows Mobile Home Park for a domestic disturbance. There they determined that a 27-year-old man had punched a female victim. He then punched a male family member in the nose when he tried to intervene. The suspect then fled the scene. Authorities said the male victim’s injuries required medical attention. Deputies found and arrested the suspect a few days later. He was booked for domestic violence and felony battery.

On Wednesday, July 10 on the graveyard shift a deputy made a bike stop near Seventh and Santa Fe streets for a violation and said the 36-year-old rider was found to have a warrant for his arrest. He was booked for the warrant.

During the day shift on that Wednesday, deputies responded to a water rescue at Jacob Myers Park. A male adult subject swam across the river, injured his leg on a tree and could not get out of the river. Stanislaus Consolidated Fire Department Water Rescue was deployed and the subject was safely retrieved for medical treatment.

Another incident occurred on that day when deputies responded to a domestic disturbance in the 3900 block of Prince Andrew Drive. Authorities said a 39-year-old man became upset with and assaulted an elderly male and female. The man was booked for assault likely to cause great bodily injury and for elder abuse. Adult Protective Services was also contacted regarding this case.

Deputies responded to Crossroads Elementary School for an alarm activation during the graveyard shift on Monday, July 8. While doing their security check they found two 18-year-olds in an open lot near the school, where they were getting ready to jump a perimeter fence. Both were detained. Further investigation revealed that several of the school’s windows had been broken out. A bag of stolen school gym equipment and a metal pole were found in the lot near where the two subjects were detained. Both were booked for burglary, conspiracy and vandalism.

During the day on Monday, July 8 a deputy made a traffic stop on a vehicle in the 5900 block of Chancellor Way for a violation. The driver, Cassey Perkins, 35, was contacted and found to be a wanted parolee. She was arrested and booked.

Deputies were dispatched to a residence in the 7000 block of Turnberry for a domestic dispute where a 43-year-old man was reported to have threatened family members during the graveyard shift on Sunday, July 7. During the investigation the man was uncooperative and kept trying to reach into his vehicle despite deputies telling him not to. As they began to detain him, the man resisted and had to be taken to the ground. Compliance strikes had to be used to gain control of him. After he was arrested, handcuffed and placed in the back of a patrol vehicle he then began banging his head against the metal cage. After being medically cleared the man was booked for resisting/obstructing/delaying.