Riverbank Police Services are hosting a Junior Police Academy from Monday, July 27 to Friday, July 31 from 8 a.m. until noon at the Riverbank Police Services Substation, 6727 Third St., Riverbank for students who have successfully completed sixth, seventh, or eighth grade with a “C” average or better.
Applications, Code of Conduct Contract, Release of Liability are all due at Riverbank Police Services by Friday, July 10 at 5 p.m., via mail or in person. A copy of the report card must accompany the application and the applicant must not have past criminal contact with law enforcement. There is no cost to attend the Junior Police Academy.
Students will participate in various activities for the purpose of exposing them to aspects of the law enforcement profession. These activities include, but are not limited to:
• Law Enforcement History/Modern Law Enforcement Practices
• Criminal Justice System/Criminal Law
• Police Communications
• Report Writing
• Mock Traffic Stops/Mock Investigations
• Evidence Collection/Crime Scene Investigation
• Specialty Unit Familiarization (Dive Team, K9, Mounted Unit, SWAT, Air Support Unit, Special Vehicle Operations Unit, Bomb Team, etc.)
Students will not handle firearms, use lethal weapons or be doing physical training/defensive tactics. Academy class size will be limited to 25 students. To enroll your child, email email@example.com in order to obtain the Code of Conduct, Release and Application.