Everyone is getting ready for the big day – Sunday, Feb. 7 as the Carolina Panthers and the Denver Broncos meet in Super Bowl ‘50’ at Levis Stadium in Santa Clara. Here’s a fun recipe, designed to delight football watchers everywhere.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Footballs
Yield: 22-24 footballs
3/4 cup salted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1-2 tbsp water, if needed
1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
16 oz chocolate candiquick
3 oz vanilla candiquick
1. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
2. Mix in vanilla extract.
3. Add flour and mix until well combined. Dough will be thick. Add 1-2 tbsp of water, if needed to help the dough come together.
4. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
5. Shape balls of cookie dough about one tablespoon in size into footballs, then place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
6. Refrigerate balls for about 30 minutes, or until firm.
7. Melt chocolate candiquick in a bowl until smooth.
8. Using a toothpick dip the footballs into the melted chocolate, then tap to remove excess.
9. Place balls back onto parchment lined cookie sheet to harden.
10. Once the balls are dry, melt the vanilla candiquick.
11. Pipe the vanilla candiquick onto the footballs to create the strings. Allow to dry.